Stay connected with all things Sacramento and beyond.
ARE YOU READY FOR A JUICE RETREAT?
If you are interested in cleansing, and I know you are if you’re reading this, let me help you avoid the mistakes people make when it comes to participating in a cleanse (the same mistakes I made when I first started out).
Unfortunately, many of us are coming from the mindset that we have no willpower, we deserve punishment for what happened on National Donut Day, or we’re convinced that losing weight is when we can really live. So naturally when the “cleanse” is over all of that negative self talk is gonna make it really hard to feel like you DESERVE to take care of yourself, and you’ll spiral at the first whiffof pizza.
Here are 4 mindsets to get into to create a positive juice retreat experience:
- Think of it as a retreat and opportunity for you to reconnect to your body. Calling it a cleanse or detox might keep you in a restrictive mindset; and if you have any tendency towards being rebellious, you’ll be fighting yourself the whole time. Prep yourself for an ENJOYABLE, well deserved retreat.
- You get to spend your hard earned money taking care of yourself – lucky you! Do you know how many people don’t give themselves permission to FEEL GOOD? Not to mention a very small price to pay for your health.
- Your body, mind, and soul are ready to receive tons of nutrition, rest, ease and vitality.
- There is nothing wrong with you. You are already an amazing human; and this juice retreat is the perfect opportunity for you to remember that and treat yourself with loads of respect, self love, and yummy juice.
I’m here to highlight what the Juice Retreat (cleanse) and Juice Feast (more on that shortly) offer. Liquidologists, Jules and Jeff want to spread juicy wellbeing while keeping their smart, savvy customers educated and empowered. That’s why I love them. They’ve invited me here to give you the 411 on the juices, on how to get yourself in the cleanse mindset and share my expertise on creating a healthy lifestyle to support you during this juice adventure.WHAT IS A JUICE RETREAT // JUICE FEAST?
- Organic, raw, cold pressed fruit and vegetable juices to supplement 1, 3 or 5 days of food. Or juice along with raw, vegan meals.
- An opportunity for the digestive organs to rest + rejuvenate.
- A party for your cells – they will be flooded with high-quality vitamins and nutrients as the cold press process breaks down the cell walls of the plant to extract the essentials nutrition.
- Most importantly, a chance for your body to do what it does best, which is to achieve a state of balance.
- The perfect way to curb any allergen and food cravings. Often we start to crave the very things that are not serving our best self like excess sugar, flour, alcohol, coffee drinks, and dead food; and we need to reacquaint our taste buds with pure, organic, raw, earthy nutrients.
- Time for YOU. Let’s face it, you don’t really have to worry about what to eat. It is a really intentional, respectful act of self-care for your mind, body + soul. Who doesn’t need some of that?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A JUICE RETREAT + A JUICE FEAST?
The juice retreat (cleanse) is juice only for 1, 3 or 5 days. See below for a sample day of juice.
A juice feast is for newbie juice cleansers. Man, I wish I had this option back when I was searching for better health. If you want to do a juice retreat but are totally nervous about committing to liquid only meals this option includes some seriously delicious raw food meals prepared by local raw, vegan restaurant The Green Boheme.WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE LIQUIDOLOGY JUICE RETREAT:
- The most unique, brilliant part of this juice retreat (in addition to the self-care aspect) is the 2 servings of Sweet Grass each day. This gives you plant-based protein to keep you feeling more satisfied than most of the juice “cleanses” you find.
- Each cleansing day begins with a Sante, which is a cultured drink, giving your guts a dose of good bacteria to get things moving. Like I said, 3 servings of Sweet Grass as your protein source to keep your energy from crashing and blood sugar from spiking.
- Two of Liquidology’s green juices, Vitality and Greenie in a bottle are surprising and refreshingly delicious. Greenie is literally chock full of toxin neutralizing veggies, including the super herb, parsley.
- The coconut and turmeric in the Alchemist helps decrease inflammation and heal the intestinal tract. It’s a bonus that it tastes amazing! The beautiful beet juice of We Got the Beet will cleanse the blood and liver, while orange juice offers up the antioxidant punch of vitamin C.
- The signature City Scout blend this summer is filled with blackberries and burdock root, which is another blood cleanser.
On the final day of the cleanse, you’ll get the ultimate in detoxification from About Last Night, which contains activated coconut charcoal. This has been used for years to rid the body of chemical toxicity and poison. It’s the perfect way to end your cleansing before you transition to a whole foods diet (because you’re not going to ruin all the goodness you just created by taking down a pizza).
- And if you’re beginning with a juice feast, you will get some delicious, surprisingly satisfying raw food meals too.
This is a day 1 sample of juices:
We Got the Beet
Greenie in a Bottle
Cinnamon Coconut Water
About Last Night (for 3+ days)
HOW TO GET YOUR JUICE:
Just give Jules and Jeff a call!
916-970-5102 to order your choice of 1, 3 or 5 days for a juice retreat or a juice feast, and to schedule pick-up at 4601 H Street in East Sacramento.
They would just love it if you gave at least 48 hours notice before picking up your juicy goodness. This gives them time to get you the highest quality juice.
It also gives you an opportunity to prepare yourself for your personal health retreat by hydrating, phasing out food that you know doesn’t make you feel your best, and making some space for taking fabulous care of yourself.MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR JUICY RETREAT OR JUICE FEAST:
Keep drinking water: Juice is not meant to replace regular hydration. Keeping your water intake up between juices (and especially in the days leading up to your Juice Feast) will enhance the effects of all that nutrition while keeping your organs and tissues really happy.
Dry brushing: This is my favorite, especially during bathing suit season. Using a dry bristle brush, beginning at the feet, brush in strokes towards your heart. You can stop at your neck and avoid breasts. Dry brushing stimulates the lymphatic system, which acts like a drain for your body’s detoxifying processes. It’s easiest to do before you take a shower or bath and it also exfoliates the skin and can help with cellulite.
Gentle, cleansing exercise: This is probably not a great time to run or do really strenuous exercise. The goal of a juice retreat is for the body to rejuvenate and balance without enduring much stress. The best types of exercise while you’re in retreat is yoga, walking, Pilates, tai chi, or swimming.
Meditation: Think of it as a cleanse for your emotional body. Meditation is giving yourself space to just be. It’s not intended to make you stop thinking, it’s to help you look at all of those thoughts passing through and noticing them. It actually changes the brain and starts to turn the voice in your head to a much nicer, more compassionate one.
Journaling: When we write, we can begin to figure ourselves out. So whether you just free write whatever pops in your head or you answer a question, it will lead you to learning something new, letting go of thoughts or feelings that you don’t need or just clearing the clutter hanging around in your head.
De-clutter: Find a drawer, a closet, a table, a room, or your whole house and clean it out. Get rid of things you haven’t used in the last year, don’t fit, or that have expired; organize what you do have. The state of our space is often a reflection of how we are feeling and cleaning it out feels pretty grounding.
Lastly, if you are looking for more ways to take the very best care of yourself and your health, I’d love to support you. Liquidology juice retreaters get $50 off a coaching session where we work to bring more lightness, vibrance and energy to your life through nutrition, mindset, movement, and more.
Photos | Susan Yee
Stay connected with all things Sacramento and beyond.